At one of our monthly meetings held on the Second Thursday of each month. Medford Memorial Community Center 21 South Main Street
The Woman’s Club of Medford offers an opportunity to women to be of service to the community and to foster friendship among women while promoting interest in diverse areas of community service.
This club is a service organization founded in 1914 where woman come together with a common goal of making the community in which we live a better place through service above self. The Woman’s Club of Medford is a group of caring and friendly women of all ages who strive to make a positive difference in people’s lives and make the community a better place to live.
The Woman’s Club of Medford, NJ (WCOM), was founded in 1914 with an original membership of 14 women. Louise Dyer was the first President and the club met in the Filbert House School and adopted the violet as its flower. The Club joined with the New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs in 1916.
In the 1940’s the club began to meet in the Medford Community Center. The Woman’s Club of Medford was instrumental in starting the first lending library upstairs in the Community Center on Main Street in the center of town, the township’s summer recreation program, and the traditional holiday tree lighting ceremony.
The New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs(NJSFWC), has 20,000 volunteer members in New Jersey who share common goals and interests and have made an active and visible commitment to various projects and programs to improve our communities, our state, and our world. Organized in 1894 NJSFWC is the largest and oldest non-denominational, non-partisan volunteer service in New Jersey. NJSFWC is a member of the General Federation of Women's Club (GFWC) located in Washington, DC with 10 million members in more than 40 countries worldwide.